Deck Log Section
Public access to ship and aviation histories and the Photo Archives' naval subject collection is available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 202-433-3224 at least two weeks in advance. Requests for information from the archives staff are also being accepted by mail or fax.
Receives and maintains deck logs from U.S. Navy ships for the previous 30 years and provides reference assistance to the Navy and the public on matters relating to deck logs.
Third Floor of Building 57, Washington Navy Yard
Map of Washington Navy Yard and Information on Visiting the NHHC
By appointment. Call 202-433-3224.
(202) 433-3224, Fax (202) 433-2833
- Policy and procedures for Veterans Administration Requests
- Policy and procedures for Requests from the General Public
- Carrier Deployments and Port Visits for Vietnam Conflict
- Ships that submit Deck Logs to the NHHC
- Purpose and Content of Deck Logs
- Location of Deck Log Archives Storage
- Format, Research and Duplication of Deck Logs
- What information is not found in Deck Logs
- Deck Logs of MSC/MSTS ships
- Merchant Ship Logs
- History of Navy Ships, Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships